Hi, I’m Melissa Cooper, MSW, LCSW, LCDC!
I’m a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who works with Adults who have ongoing challenges with stress and anxiety. My goal is to help you stop feeling overwhelmed and anxious and instill peace of mind and calmness.
I am an authentic, encouraging, warmhearted counselor that can help you become more present and grounded in the moment and actually enjoy it. I provide care for those experiencing high stress, excessive amounts of worry, and feelings of overwhelm in life.
What makes me different? I make almost anyone feel at ease. People tell me that they can let their guard down around me.
My Journey To Becoming A Counselor
I help clients who experienced difficult childhoods and who may still be affected by them into adulthood. I have worked through my own life struggles by attending counseling and recovery groups, and those experiences are what helps me relate so deeply with clients. Life brings both wonderful and difficult experiences that have shaped who I am and how I help. My struggles are what helped empower me with the ability to identify with other people’s pain.
My life experiences are what led me to become the Counselor I am today.
Being a Counselor is an honor. I love guiding people towards positive change and witnessing them achieve more fulfilling lives. The most rewarding thing about being a Counselor is inspiring others to be all they can be.
I am committed to helping clients achieve positive changes and a more fulfilling life.
I have a natural ability to:
- Help people identify what they are feeling
- Reflect people’s thoughts back to them
- Collaborate with people to set goals and help reach them
- Accept people and their current life circumstances
People who know me often say that I am a good listener who can help people feel heard and understood. When people feel seen and heard, they can heal.
Sessions will provide you with the space to express your thoughts and feelings. Feeling safe and comfortable will help you get in touch with yourself and will assist you in focusing on yourself.
It’s important to me to check in on your progress as we go and stay open to any feedback and questions you may have. There isn’t a “one size fits all” approach to Counseling. Our sessions will fit your specific needs and concerns.
- I believe that you are worthy of love and care
- I believe that emotions heal when they are witnessed and validated
- I believe that therapy should address the person as a whole – their mind, body, and spirit
- I believe that taking care of yourself is the most generous thing you can do for the world
- I believe that sometimes small steps in the right direction end up being the biggest steps in the end
Start living in the moment and enjoying it. Get your free phone consultation where you can share what’s going on for you and explore how I can help.
Request your free phone consultation by using the button below. I’m here for you!